Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Riverside? As a general rule, you have three significant sectors of your property for video protection: your front door, the outside perimeter, and key interior rooms. Although your provider will be able to suggest where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Defend Your Front Door
Although you might find it unlikely that a burglar would make an effort to just enter through primary entrance, 34% of invasions happen at the front door. There are also porch pirates among other risks to consider. A doorbell camera is able to handle these worries with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you are able to speak with people who walk up and ring the bell. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may reply to all engagements with two-way communications and real-time footage and appear to be at home. Then if a visitor does try to do something questionable, you will have your camera instantly document the event on video and transmit it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Surveillance System
Determining where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging task. Fortunately, there are some useful suggestions to help ensure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Riverside house offer a large field-of-view, letting you see two parts of your exterior.
- Right under an overhanging eave or straight into a bit of trim or siding are ideal locations for surveillance devices as they will be partly obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is an easier entryway for invaders than you’d think!
- Over a back porch or sliding door -- or any entrance that can’t be seen from the street.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you cut back any overgrown plants or trees that may block the camera’s view.
Tips To Get The Highest Level of Performance From Your Interior Surveillance
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your residence in Riverside. That same flexibility results in there being more factors to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are closed and locked, the natural light that enters via a window can cause glare and affect your video recording. Point your interior camera lens away from any direct views of windows to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a guard tower, a video camera located in a high place will provide a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras on top of bookshelves or attached to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera won’t be able to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Place your security cameras in locations where kids and your furry friends aren’t able to tamper with them. Consider mounting or another means of attaching them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The greatest video camera won’t help you much if there is a plant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to hide your recording devices. Just ensure they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Just call (951) 253-3041 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.