There was a time not long ago when wired equipment was your only solution when designing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of positioning a video camera on a table or managing your implements with a mobile device. However, home security is not like it used to be, and that’s largely due to the development of wireless technology. You now have a wealth of added advantages to enjoy -- like system access from anywhere, seamless smart devices, and simpler system set ups. Wireless home security systems in Riverside will safeguard your home while making your life easier.
Things To Think About When Going Wireless
Arguably the most vital aspect of wireless home security can be summarized in these two words - internet connection. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re in a good position for a wireless installation.
If you have concerns about an internet or power outage, look for systems that have cellular and battery backups at hand to maintain the connection to your monitoring team indefinitely.
If you reside in an area without reliable internet or cellular coverage, a wired configuration will likely be a wiser option. Or It might also be to your advantage from a financial standpoint to opt for the traditional route if you live in a house that already has wiring installed.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Riverside will elevate your property’s protection, which is the main purpose in the first place. However, if you welcome the possibility of using the latest technology, consider the advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to all the components in your house from your locks to your security cameras from the palm of your hand using the ADT Control app. You have the ability to see camera footage, turn on your smart lights, and even turn on your alarm in the event you forgot to do so. If an intrusion or emergency takes place, you are able to have notifications dispatched right to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: You no longer need to worry about all the messy wiring, drywall damage, and lengthy system setups. One of the best aspects of wireless devices is that you are able to place them just about wherever you want and with little time or effort. If you want to customize later with other equipment, integrating devices into your network is simple.
- Communications between devices: Wireless technology makes interactions between devices possible with fast, bi-directional communications. You can set your system to take action in certain scenarios to enhance your protection and dissuade intrusions. For example, if your outside surveillance detects suspicious disturbances along your home’s perimeter, it can automatically prompt your inside lights to engage.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Riverside
Although wireless home security systems in Riverside have proven to be reliable, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about using one. Let’s take a look at a few of the common areas of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless devices may stop working if the battery is depleted. However, your smart implements will alert you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors generally should be arranged within a certain distance from your central command hub. ADT offers range extenders for some packages to increase your flexibility.
- Similar to all types of internet-connected networks, the fear of getting hacked persists. You can take steps to prevent this by using strong passwords, always changing default configurations, and using a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only install security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Call Your Security Experts
Are you ready to experience the benefits of Riverside wireless home security? Call (951) 253-3041 to talk to the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will aid you in creating the most suitable package for your residence.