Security cameras can simply be installed as a deterrent—something that tells burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, the latest security cameras arrive armed with a number of tools all tailor-made to deliver total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way audio or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these additions help you to get the most from home security cameras in Riverside.
How To Set Up Your Riverside Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to upgrading your security cameras is placing the components in the best areas within your house. Interior security cameras need to be placed in frequented spots such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to move around to access the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras should offer you a clear view of your front door, front walk, front and yards, garage, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. Then access a view of your front door with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations around your house that aren’t quite as important to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom could hinder your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the first step in getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Riverside. The features shown below help to optimize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your mobile device the instant abnormal movement is detected. You can also set cameras to begin filming when motions are detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to capture footage and store clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to chat with people through the unit. Via your security app, you can act like you’re home or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, allows for a more complete view of any space. Check for cameras that allow for at least 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan all the way around for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up footage of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to alert you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and overlook animals passing or foot traffic.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send timely texts when the see unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Riverside is more simple. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system rises from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (951) 253-3041 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your home security and camera system today.