The latest residential security options are becoming more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, you may still neglect to complete easy security chores like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to remember doing these chores again? With geofencing in Riverside, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Riverside For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border along the sides of your residence, which you are able to arrange in your cell phone app. The technology then uses your mobile device to deduce when you go past the boundary and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements use to interact with other connected equipment. The technology aids your security system by grouping all components onto a single network. You can then draw specific boundaries on all sides of your property and program particular actions when you cross the boundary.
To illustrate, shortly after you pull away from your premises, you can set your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
These are a handful of the devices you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your property’s security system in Riverside. When accessing the mobile app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you can:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart devices to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to turn down to tell you that it's bedtime, or disarm your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make certain components activate in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or switch on your hallway lighting when your surveillance system senses strange movements around your property.
● Set a scene: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in unison. Have your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks engage when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for movie night with specific lighting and temperature levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Riverside
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Contact one of our representatives today at (951) 253-3041 or send in the form below to begin customizing your ideal security system.