Here is what our company is doing to keep our customers and team members safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Riverside
September 23, 2021

Should I utilize a security camera as a baby monitor in Riverside?

Should I utilize a security camera as a baby monitor in Riverside?

In loving preparation of your baby’s room, you carefully followed steps to build the crib, covered the walls with a soft, lighter shade, and created a fully-stocked diaper-changing area. Now it's time to determine the manner in which you intend to watch your baby sleep. You might go with the standard monitor that gives you the ability to hear through an integrated speaker, or you might step up the tech and utilize high-definition video, 2-way communication, and instant activation through motion detection.

This advanced option is equivalent to the video surveillance included in a comprehensive home security system, but should you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Riverside? 

What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Riverside?

In the olden days, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You install a microphone-type device in close contact to the sleeping area, which transmits an audio feed to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Fortunately, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. For instance, today’s monitors now include HD video and 2-way communication. You can even link many monitors to your wireless network so you may move around wherever you want. The leading baby monitors in Riverside are so elaborate that they resemble interior surveillance systems in both functionality and cost.

Should you replace your baby monitor for a home security camera?

Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras share similar capabilities, there are numerous residents in Riverside linking their baby's room to their home security system. It’s a smart approach -- specifically when using to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:

Night vision video: Your surveillance system should have at minimum 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.

Two-way talk: Now you don’t need to go into the room to quiet your child back to a restful state. A comforting word might be the only thing needed to keep your little one sleeping.

Motion sensors: Even though it’s an option to have your camera continuously carefully watch your newborn, your attention may diminish over time. Conversely, if your video surveillance notices anything unusual, you can configure it to deliver a notification to your smartphone. This is helpful when your adventurous newborn silently tries to climb over the crib or when your family dog noses into the room.

Video recordings: The majority of baby monitors do not capture portions of video. Today’s modern devices allow you to send a brief sample to a relative or family friend to show them what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.

Watch on your mobile device: As an alternative to lugging monitoring equipment wherever you go, you can supervise your little one from your smart home mobile app. You might even check in on your child and sitter when you go for a date night.

Your security camera baby monitor is part of your smart home installation

The great part about using a security camera as a baby monitor in Riverside is that you can connect it to your additional home security and home automation products. So, for example, if you see that your little one is particularly restless, you can adjust your integrated thermostat from the security app to increase the room’s comfort. Or when they rouse for a late-night snack, you might gently raise the room's smart bulbs to show you will be there soon. If you by chance have at least two babies in unconnected areas, you have the ability to furnish each one a security camera and monitor the feeds in a single smartphone app.

An indoor security camera in Riverside is a key component of your overall home security system

Whether you would like a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you simply want to enhance your general security, get started by contacting Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint expert will walk you through your options and help you get the right home defense package for your property. Place a call to (951) 253-3041 or complete the form below.